These Pillow Plate heat exchangers transfer heat from a thin film of liquid falling on the outside of the plates. The refrigerant is passing through the inside of the plates. Cooling of liquids over a wide temperature difference can easily be achieved. Capacity range: 10 kW up to 2500 kW.
Falling Film Chillers are very suitable for cooling large amounts of water down to temperatures as low as 0,5ºC without risk of chiller damage from ice.
Falling Film Chillers can handle all kinds of liquids; from clean water to contaminated liquids with solids. Even moderately viscous solutions can be chilled economically. Falling Film Chillers can easily be cleaned, thanks to accessibility from all sides and space between the evaporator plates. Falling Film Chillers are suitable for R717, CO2, glycol and all other Freon refrigerants.
The chillers cool a thin layer of liquid flowing over both sides of the pillow shaped plates. The refrigerant is contained inside the plates.
• Fresh produce.
• Poultry processing.
• Food and dairy processing.
• Seafood processing.
• Red meat.
• General food industry.
• Concrete cooling.
• Capacity 10 - 2500 kW/unit (for water).
• Cooling of liquids over a wide temperature range
ΔT 30 ºC to 0,5 ºC is possible (by recirculation).
• Heat transfer coefficients up to 1200 W*K/m2
• Large capacity of up to 600 m3/unit.
• Suitable for use with R717, CO2, glycol and HFC refrigerants.
• Can be made of most types of stainless steel.